Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Will this never end?

We spent the weekend in Asheville, NC, which is in the Appalachian Mountains.  It is an incredibly beautiful area, but it is slightly over 2,000' above sea level.  The elevation above sea level for Greensboro, NC, where I live, is roughly 770'.  The higher the elevation, the greater the headache.  I spent two horrible nights in Asheville with relatively little sleep and even less relief from pain.  But it was worth it to spend time with family and learn more about them.
Headache 2/Carla 0.


We drove home on Sunday through sunny skies and my hope for pain relief increased with each foot we dropped in elevation.  However, as we got closer to home, we drove into a low pressure system hanging over Greensboro.  Low pressure systems cause exactly the same issues as higher elevations.  Oops, lost that round, but the sky appeared to be clearing and I had great hope for Monday morning.
Headache 3/Carla 0.


Monday dawned.  Yep, I'm sure the sun came up somewhere behind that layer upon layer of cold dark clouds.  The hoped for relief was not to be found on Monday.
Headache 4/Carla 0.


This morning, I awoke to sleet and freezing rain.  The low pressure system has apparently found a place it likes and so it's staying for awhile.
Headache 5/Carla 0.


The forecast is for clouds and rain/sleet mix all day today, but tomorrow is supposed to be mostly sunny.  Please! I will be back as soon as this conspiracy to blow my head off my shoulders is eliminated.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Mother Nature is being so mean to you right now, I need this weather to change too!! It was freezing cold and I was just starting to adapt when boom it warms up 10 degrees for a couple days. Then wham! The temperature drops again and here I am sick, I HATE COLDS!!! I can't breathe or think straight. It drives me nuts!! Sounds like maybe you and Bud need to move to Arizona were the weather is dry and warm. Trust me I would move there if I could lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When Bud retires, which barring unforeseen circumstances will not be for dozen years or so, we will move further south and closer to the beach. He suggested Aruba. I can't find anything wrong with that plan, except getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's snowing like crazy here today, I wish I was in Aruba!

    ReplyDelete