Friday, February 4, 2011

Demotivators

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

One of my favorite websites is Despair, Inc.  They are the creators of Demotivator products.  You can visit them here: Despair, Inc..  Whenever I need a good laugh, I go visit this site.  It helps me put things in perspective.

We are having rain/sleet/freezing rain today.  I'm cold, I'm miserable and my head hurts (of course).  Doncha just get so tired of hearing about my stupid head?

I made myself cry (a lot) yesterday posting all those oldie songs and thinking back on some of those memories.  Guess that was a kinda stupid thing to do.  So in the middle of my sobfest, Bud's doctor's office calls to tell me they need to speak with him immediately about the results of his bloodwork.  Bud was at a Dark Star Orchestra concert and I knew there was no way he would have his cell phone on him, so I just told them they'd have to wait until today.  I really get pissed off with this HIPAA crap.  I know they're trying to avoid giving out personal information to people who should have no reason to know it, but I'm his spouse for Pete's sake.  I guess some people hide things from their spouse, but that's not how we run our marriage.  Bud knows everything about me because I sure would hate for something in my past to show up and bite me in the ass because I forgot to mention it to him.

Anyway, he called his doc this morning, and we still don't know much about what's going on.  He is scheduled to see a hematologist early next week and I guess we'll get more answers then.  I've sent off an email to Cathy (my sister the doctor who I invariably refer to as my doctor the sister, causing people to look at me like I've lost another brick off my already short load).  Just one more thing to worry over.  I seriously worry about Bud's health because he has numerous health problems related to his obesity.  My life is so screwed up now with this SCDS stuff that I would be way up the creek without a paddle if anything were to happen to Bud.  I truly need a keeper.  I've always said Bud was a keeper, but that isn't exactly what I meant.  Well, we'll sweat out the weekend and wait for more tests hopefully on Monday.  Bud will be busy all weekend with his Wildlife Club and then the Super Bowl party at Temple Emmanuel, so I'll get to sit here alone most of the time and make mountains out of molehills.  The weather will be messy all day today and most of tomorrow, so maybe I'll just drug myself into oblivion until Sunday.  That'll take care of at least 2/3 of the worry time.

Have a great weekend to all my devoted followers (I think there are 11 of you now).  I'll try to quit being my own worst enemy and write something upbeat on Monday.

1 comment: