Monday, February 14, 2011

Dont bite the hand that feeds you

I know, I know.  This post is supposed to be about legs & wings & stones.    Well, once again that story is being postponed.  On Friday my husky bit me.  He didn't mean to bite me, but that doesn't really matter since the end result is that he did.  Georgia has developed this irritating habit of snapping at Logan (the husky) whenever I let him out the back door and hook him up to his lead.  I guess it's because she knows he can't get to her since I have a firm grip on his collar.  So she'll come up, take snaps at his neck and then back away really quickly.  She does not do this at any time when he is actually able to retaliate.  Anyway, on Friday, she was snapping at him and he decided he'd had enough and turned around to snap back.  Unfortunately, my right knee was directly in his line of fire, so that's what he bit.  Now I know my knees are made of titanium, and it would take more than Logan's "leave me alone" snap to break one, but the skin and veins and muscles and stuff are real and they still can be ripped to shreds.  It really hurt and I now have bruises on both sides of my knee where his teeth clamped around it.  Fortunately, no skin was broken, though I came damn close to breaking Georgia's nose when I turned around and smacked her (not really, just a small reprimand for acting like a fool).


Then on Saturday, we went to Tim and Ann's for Valentine's dinner.  They have two dogs.  One of those dogs is Buddy.  He is part Chow and Lord only knows what else.  He's furry and has short little legs so he is only about two feet tall.  Buddy has never been the friendliest dog in the world, but I've known him since he was a puppy and have never had an issue with him.  He usually won't let people touch him, but I've always been able to pet him and rub his stomach and stuff.  But, I've also always known he just isn't the nicest dog on the face of the planet.  Well Saturday night, Buddy has some fuzz hanging out of the side of his mouth.  Without thinking about who this dog really is, I reached down to pull it out of his mouth.  I missed on the first try, so like a dumbass, I went back for a second shot.  And that's when Buddy said don't be puttin' your fingers in my mouth, and took a nice hard bite outta my thumb on my right hand.  His tooth went through right at the base of my nail.  It is not really Buddy's fault.  Yes, it would be nice if he wasn't the type of dog to bite people, but I'm smarter than he is and I was the estubido who stuck her thumb in his mouth.  It is also ripped apart on the back side, since dog's have upper and lower teeth, but the bite did not go all the way through.  Still, it hurts.  It hurts a lot.  And I hope I learned a lesson.  But this is as far as I'm going today with typing and using my right thumb to hit the space bar.


So, here's my thumb:


Note to self: Do not put your fingers in the dog's mouth.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch!!! I'm just now catching up on your bolg. Are you going to lose your nail?

    ReplyDelete