Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why? Why? Why?

I am more than a little befuddled today and I don't have any reason to be this way.  I did not take any pain medication before going to bed last night, and even though it was snowing when I got up this morning, I did not take any pain medication then.  It is not snowing any longer.  I don't have a headache any longer.  I have not taken anything other than my standard prescription drugs to control my blood pressure, crazies, GERD and arthritis.  None of them affect my ability to mentally function, yet for some reason I am totally in a fog and unable to find my way out.   So bear with me; it may be more than normally absurd in here today.


And, speaking of snowing.  When Bud left town on Monday, I checked the long range forecast to see what type of weather he would experience in Baltimore and what type of weather I would have to endure here while he was gone.  The forecast claimed it would be clear in Baltimore for the entire week, and it would be cloudy here on Monday night, then clear through Wednesday, with snow on Thursday.  I wasn't too worried about it since Bud would be back Wednesday afternoon, so if it snowed on Thursday -- no big deal.  On Tuesday, I checked the forecast again, and it had, of course, changed.  By the way, I use the Weather Channel Desktop program to keep up with the weather, with my NOAA weather radio for severe weather warnings.  Anyway, by Tuesday our forecast was for clear skies throughout the week.  I checked again yesterday morning.  It still said clear skies throughout the week, but when I made the map show me the entire US, I could see snow to the west and headed in this direction.  Since it was coming from the west, it didn't really worry me as the snow that comes over the Appalachian Mountains usually doesn't amount to much.  I just figured it would snow itself out in the mountains and that's why they were forecasting clear skies for us.  Then about 3:00 PM yesterday afternoon my head started.  I tried to convince myself to ignore it since the forecast said nothing was coming our way, but my head will not be ignored once it starts one of it's low pressure fits.  I did not check the forecast again until about 6:20 PM when I heard the weather guy on the TV say something about precipitation, and would it be rain or snow.  Then I checked my little weather program again, and those dimwits had changed our forecast back to snow.  Well Hell, I already knew something was gonna happen because my head said so.  Maybe I should get a job as a weather forecaster.  I'd be a helluva lot more accurate than they seem to be.  Fortunately, it was only about an eighth of an inch and it's mostly gone already.


A couple of weeks ago, I ordered myself a Snuggie.  Since I'm here all day everyday unsupervised, I get up in the morning, wash my face, throw on a housedress (my favorites are tie-dyed granny dresses) or slacks and a shirt, comb my hair, drink two cups of coffee and eat seven white cheddar rice cakes, brush my teeth, make the bed, throw Bud out the door, and then I have the rest of the day to sit.  Sometimes I try to do things like laundry or pay bills (which I can do sitting at my laptop).  But my list of activities is severely limited and totally controlled by how much the activity is gonna make me want to give back my rice cakes.  So usually I do a lot of sitting.  Invariably, getting dressed in the morning does not include a bra (since no one will see me) or socks.  It's winter.  Sometimes my feet get cold.  So I got myself a Snuggie so I could sit and wear it when my feet get cold to keep from having to find some socks to wear.  However, I will point out that my sister, Cathy, got me some outstanding socks for Christmas.  They are very warm, and even better than that, they are tie-dyed and very colorful.  She also got me a nice pair of warm, fuzzy cream colored socks, which I really like too, however I just really get off on colorful stuff.  But I save my socks to wear for those rare occasions when I get to go out somewhere, at which time I also wear a bra.  Anyway, the Snuggie I got was a very bold kinda royal blue.  Blue is Bud's favorite color and as soon as he saw the Snuggie he wanted it.  I had to order another one for me so I ordered green, as that's my favorite color and I ordered a regal purple one for in the van.  The Snuggies came today.  Will someone please explain to me why my postman put my mail (letters, junk mail, flyers, etc.) in my mailbox out by the road at the end of my 60' driveway, then drove all the way up the driveway to my house to deliver the package of Snuggies and a book I had ordered?  I realize he couldn't fit the box with the Snuggies in my mailbox, even though it is a large mailbox since we are on a rural delivery route.  He could have put the book in the mailbox, but he didn't because he knew he was gonna bring the box up to my porch so he figured he'd just bring the book too.  WELL WHY DIDN'T HE JUST BRING ALL THE MAIL?  Does it really make any sense that I now have to put on shoes and walk 60' down my driveway to pick up a bunch of junk he could have just given to me while he was here?  Am I missing something here?


And to end today's pointless ramble, I just learned something new.  I am always interested in learning new things.  I hope I never lose my fascination with knowledge.  However, somethings are a bit more useful than other things you might pick up all in a day.  Today I learned what moose knuckles are.  I had not ever heard the term before and one of my Facebook friends used it.  The context of his posting made me realize it was gonna be something shall we say naughty.  But, when I googled it, I nearly fell out of my chair laughing, and then there were pictures.  That only made it worse.  If you don't know about moose knuckles, you are going to have google it for yourself.  I am so infantile and easily amused sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment