Saturday, December 11, 2010

The best laid plans

Yesterday I was ordered  to take a nap so I would be able to stay up late with the adults for Legs & Wings & Stones.  Usually ordering me to do anything will get you exactly the opposite response, but in this case he had a good point.  The evening didn't work out so well anyway, but it wasn't because I was the party pooper this time.  However, I did get carded (seriously) by some goofy little server at Hooters.  My gray hairs are older than she is, but she said it was policy.  We've only been going to Hooters regularly for the last oh, I don't know, ten years.  Never been carded before, and since we have never seen the same waitress twice in all that time (turnover must be astronomical at that place), I don't think I'll get carded again.  Still it was a bit of a pick-me-up, or maybe it was that HUGE mug of beer that brightened my night.


Today is cloudy and it's going to rain.  I've already started on the mammoth headache that will only get worse as the day progresses.  Tomorrow's going to be just like today, so it's gonna be a looooooong weekend.  However, like MacArthur, "I shall return".  Hope your weekend is better than mine.

1 comment:

  1. Carla,

    Probably was the big mug of beer, but then, that has a tendency to make nearly any situation more tolerable, if not outright enjoyable!

    Keep writing!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete