Monday, December 20, 2010

"I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!"

This is not a long post because a) I don't have time right now, and b) I'm on a rant and they usually don't take near as many words.


My first problem is I LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.  THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE IS AMERICAN ENGLISH.  I DO NOT WANT TO PRESS 1 TO CONTINUE IN ENGLISH!  Seriously!  What is with these people?  I don't have to press 1 to continue in French if I go to France.  I don't have to press 1 to continue in Italian if I go to Italy.  Stop it!  Stop it now!  This political correctness bull crap has gone way too far.


My second problem is it is "strongly suggested" by Bud's employer's insurance plan that we order our prescription medications through their selected mail order pharmacy.  We don't have to follow this suggestion, but we will pay through the nose for life saving medications if we should choose to acquire them through some other means.  So we mail in our prescriptions.  They have an online site.  Bud and I cannot share the online site because of HIPAA.  God forbid, I might actually find out something personal about the man I've been married to for more than the last quarter century.  He doesn't even know how to get to the online site; I created my account and his account.  So put that in your pipe and smoke it HIPAA.  Oops, no smoking -- bad for your health.  Anyway, I have six prescriptions that I take every day of my life.  I mailed my six prescriptions off and asked that they immediately fill three of them.  I still had a reasonable supply of the other three and couldn't see any reason to pay for something I didn't need yet.  The time has now come to fill the other three.  I went to MY online site.  The three I haven't filled yet are not listed.  I called the company.  At least they did not ask me to press 1 to continue in English, but I did have to speak to an automated operator for quite some time until I finally convinced "her" I needed a human.  So, the company has a policy.  Prescriptions are not listed online until you have ordered them at least once.  WHY then do they have an online site?  Why not just make everyone call on the telephone all the time?  Am I being ignorant about this?  Does it seem to make sense to anyone?  It certainly does not make sense to me.  Why put me through the nonsense of setting up a username and password, if I can't use the stupid online account to order drugs when I need them?


And finally, I am trying to pay off the loan on our van.  When the bill came this month, I made a payment for the entire amount as shown on the bill.  Well, of course, that wasn't enough money because they charge interest daily and more interest accumulated between the time they put the bill in the mail and the time my money got to them.  They also have an online site, but it was totally useless as far as I could tell.  So I called.  Yes, these are the simpletons who wanted me to press 1 to continue in English.  I almost wish I had continued to struggle with the online site, but now I was seeing red and would never have been able to make sense of it.  However, I didn't have to speak to the automated attendant for very long before I was allowed access to a human.  The human was reasonably helpful and was able to tell me it would cost me an additional $25 and some odd cents to pay off the loan.  BUT, and to me it's a big but, they don't accept credit or debit cards.  So I had to give her the routing number and account number for our checking account.  Did I miss something here?  Isn't a debit card like writing a check, only it's instant?  Doesn't the money you put on your debit card come directly out of your checking account -- even faster than if you had written a check?  The organization holding the loan on our van is a banking institution.  Surely they would be able to determine in the twinkling of an eye whether or not I had enough funds in my checking account to use my debit card for the transaction.  What is wrong with people?


Why do we have computers if people refuse to use them for the very purposes they were invented?

No comments:

Post a Comment