Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Talk about being blocked

Okay, this is downright stupid.  I have discovered I cannot write with my husband in the same room.  Who am I kidding?  I can't write with him any where in the house, or on the property.  I can't write if I know he may come back home before I have finished.  So what is all this about?  I wish I knew.


I don't care if he reads my blog, but after I've written it, proofed it and posted it.  He does not bother me when I'm writing.  He does not look over my shoulder or make suggestions or comments of any type.  He totally ignores me, just as he does when I'm playing games or doing laundry or whatever else I might do at any given moment.  So why does his presence bother me?  Part of it is because I talk to myself while I write and it causes him to look up and say "huh?"  Then I have to say "nothing".  Then he has to say, "you always say nothing, but it's always something".  Then I have to convince him it really is nothing.  But if I tell him I'm writing the blog, then he will want to look over my shoulder, and that is NOT acceptable.  It's just a whole lot easier to avoid the entire problem by not attempting to write at all while he is on the same side of town.


He's going back to work on Monday, January 3rd, so we can get back to whatever normal is for us.  I miss writing every day and I need to get back to it.  Hope you all have a safe and happy New Year.  2011, who'da thunk it?

4 comments:

  1. go figure! I can't imagine him ignoring you all of the time though. Happy, Healthy and Safe New Year to you both. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is totally understandable that you can't write with him in the room, my dad is the same way! He needs to be totally alone with his thoughts and ideas so things will flow smoothly and being slightly OCD he needs it perfect (at least in his eyes) it must be a family trait! I do miss your writing and look forward to the new year and new blogs. Have a safe and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I blogged about the very same thing, sadly I have my husband around for most of the winter due to the nature of his job. Luckily his playstation and sport on TV usually give me enough time to do what I want without him poking his nose in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. VBiC, thanx for stopping by. I've followed and enjoyed your blog for some time now, but it takes me awhile to get around to commenting. I usually only read "funny" blogs. I get enough of the other without going in search of it. I'm not funny, but I often have a strange take on the world.

    Verification word is heylp!?

    ReplyDelete