Saturday, December 18, 2010

I am my own worst enemy

So, when do I choose to write the story of one of the most horrific events in my life?  During a snowstorm; what an idiot!  Not only did I already have a headache because of the low pressure system, I exponentially increased the pain by crying savagely.  However, I could never have written about that period of my life if I were happy and having a great day.  In any event, the combination of intense emotions, dragging out old memories better kept locked in an abyss and horrible weather has totally wiped me out.  It is still cloudy and messy for the third day in a row, and more snow is expected today.  I'm sure the sun will shine again sometime, but I'm beginning to think it won't be until next April.


It is also the holiday season (and peak depression season), and we are preparing to head to Maryland to visit with Bud's brother and his family.  Don't worry.  We have an excellent friend who will be caring for our home and our dogs while we are away.  Though I will have my laptop with me, it is unlikely I'll have a lot of time for writing.  No sooner than we get back from Maryland we will be off to the mountains to spend the New Year with the Webbs and the Hendersons at Ann's condo at Sugar Mountain.  I may get a post or two in between now and the end of the year, depending of course upon this ridiculous weather, but it is unlikely I will be prolific.  Have a great holiday season.  Merry Christmas to all and have a safe and happy New Year.


And, since this is my blog and I am a Christian, and Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Christ, here is a Christmas card sent to me by a friend that I would like to share with you:


 http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=2007134554829&source=jl999



1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful card. Thanks for Sharing. Travel safe, enjoy the holidays and hope to see you and Uncle Bud in the New Year. Wendy

    ReplyDelete